Earlier last week, I had a conversation with one of my girlfriends and it was about how she’s having a hard time making some real grownup decisions. How she’s not so sure about what to do or how to act. What to say. The effects of the past and present choices. . .
Honestly, when we had the conversation, I was in a very good place to talk to her. It felt like I know just the exact thing to say to her. At that moment, I was almost sure of what I want for myself and even the ones I wasn’t sure of, I was at a place of peace with myself and the right mind to share with another what I think works. Well, that was it until last weekend (during and after my grandma’s burial – May her soul rest in peace), I had moments of Reflection (which I’ve been having since the beginning of the month by-the-way). I reflected on the past one year and years before that and I realize my next birthday is just few days (well, I drafted this post days to my birthday but couldn’t post it due to bad network) away and then I got coldfeet on some major decisions I thought I already have figured out. Suddenly, I’m not just sure about a lot of things. Suddenly, I want to hide behind the shadows of juvenile days. Suddenly, I desire days I don’t have to dance to the tunes I make. .
Then, I remembered a friend was at this point too earlier on and I helped out. Maybe its time I take a dose of my own medicine, afterall, it worked already. So, below are excerpt from the conversation especially my part of it and the part I’m administering to my soul now because I’ve got a lot of grownup decisions to make too and I need a taste of me;
* First, don’t let the pressure get to you. Always remember its nothing but a phase that will roll over like the ones in the past.
* And for major decisions, some times (most times), its better to concentrate on the smaller goals and channel your positive energy into it. Achievable short goals has a way of reminding you how great you are rather than weighing yourself down with long term goals that drains you.
* Make decisions you want not because its an expectation of people from you but because you are sure you want to.
* We all have those moments of doubts, fears and uncertainties but just like moments, it eventually passes and if its the same girl (person) I’m fond of, you’ll come out on the other side wiser, stronger, bolder, better and finer.
* And last, remember no matter what you’re facing at the moment, you’re not alone, you are enough and God has put in you all you’ll ever need to get through; Strength, Wisdom, Peace, Tranquility, Joy, Perseverance, Love and the required Grace.
* I love you always and forever?
Reading this ☝ and sharing it now just made me smile. Just like I’m trusting God with my grownup decisions, I hope you find Peace with yours too.
P. S.; Share your experience too and how you got over that moment of fear, doubt and uncertainty in the comment box. Thanks!