Muse – @__amazing_glam (IG)
Though the week is almost over, the truth is I’ve been tired and overwhelmed since its 3rd day (well, we all have weeks like this). People usually just wait for holidays or weekends for self reflection, to stare back into the mirror and check themselves out (figuratively). In my opinion though, self reflection is of utmost importance during the middle of a busy week or the middle of a particular time frame, when you can take into account how far you’ve come and what needs to be changed or worked on during the remaining time.
“The true purpose of self-reflection is to correct our mistaken thoughts and actions, and learn from them, thereby creating a more constructive life. Self-reflection is not just the simple act of discovering past mistakes and making up for these mistakes. The ultimate objective of self-reflection is the development of a more positive self and the realization of a utopia on earth as the fulfillment of God’s will.”
Excerpt from – Ten Principles of Universal Wisdom
The following are some habits which can help with self reflection and personal growth;
- Honesty : You need to be 100% real with yourself. Being honest with yourself about how things are going and how you are behaving. Correct yourself if things are wrong and eulogise yourself for both trying and the ones you’re getting right.
- Study Yourself : Be aware of your habit so you can actively weaken the ones you don’t want and strengthen the ones you do want. Notice your behaviour patterns and work on both your strengths and weaknesses.
- Articulate your core values : Ensure you take your time to consider the most important things, be clear on what you will stand for and what you don’t want to be attributed to. Consciously evaluate whether or not you’re living those values.
- Forgive and Move on : Be gentle on yourself when you don’t get it right. We all make mistakes.
- Take Records : Start a journal where you record your observations and monitor your personal growth. After a while, things can get tricky and we sometimes forget how far we’ve come, so it’s advisable to keep track of things. Remind yourself of every wins and how you got over some hiccups on the way.
Kindly share with us your self -reflection routine if you have one. I look forward to your comments.