“You only have control over three things in your life : The Thoughts You Think, The Images You Visualize, and The Actions You Take. How you use these three things determines everything you experience”.
– Jack Canfield
Often times, as humans we usually put our focus on the problems and the obstacles that stands in the way of the solutions instead of focusing on the strategies that can be applied to resolve the issues. We are often quick to throw our resilience out of the window, forgetting that regardless of our career level, there is always room for improvement.
Amongst the numerous things you can do to improve yourself are goals setting, planning towards the actualization of the set goals which can sometimes include Professional development, Mental wellbeing, Physical fitness, and a dash of creativity. Below are some other ways for self improvement;
– Widen Your Knowledge Base : You can easily do this by taking a course. There is a wide range of free amazing courses from different platforms online. Education and certification has grown beyond four walls of a school, you can access quality courses online with good certification that can help improve your status.
– Your Community/Inner Circle : Relationships can never be over-emphasized. Check your inner circle, are you surrounded by people you can grow with? You become like people you spend the most time with (or so the saying goes).
– Be A Goal-Digger : Consciously work towards a goal, stay committed to it, it can even be a daily practice but just keep doing that one small thing every day that will get you a little bit closer to the big bang.
– Regular Checks : Don’t get easily carried away by the good compliments. Allow constructive criticism sometimes, seek feedback and critiques from trusted people and make adjustments where necessary.
– Don’t Be A Laggard : Be open to changes and accept innovations. The world keep evolving and there are new and easier ways to get things done. To improve yourself, you must accept change, else you could end up static.
– Follow Your Passion : This sounds like a cliche, but, it’s very important especially if what you’re passionate about is not what is paying the bills. Revisit the things you enjoy but don’t normally do. Take breaks and retreats to do the things that gives you joy.
– Read Books/Listen to Podcasts : This is dependent on what works well for you. In fact, for a voracious knowledge junkie like me, this should have come first. Some people prefer to listen (that way, they can multitask) while for people like me, I prefer to read (though I’m in love with podcasts too now). Either ways, nourish your soul with educational audio or read books to get the best advice from mentors throughout history on demand.
In this new week, think positively, and check out some of the above tips. They are all good pointers for self improvement both as a lifestyle and for your career.
Have an AWESOME week!